‘Approaching challenges as opportunities’
When did you join the company?
Rucker give me the opportunity to work, learn and be a part of the family environment in the field of auditing. Rucker gives me a broad exposure in various sectors accompanied with wonderful people from diverse background who are very much friendly and approachable.
What do you do day to day?
- Assist in the management of the portfolio of audit clients, including commercial and non-commercial enterprises and self-managed superannuation funds, ensuring highest standard of service and quality of work at all the time
- Assess compliance with financial regulations and controls by executing audit program steps: testing general ledger account balances, balance sheets, Income statements and related financial statements, examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices and documentation of financial system.
- Verify assets and liabilities by comparison and analysis and checking supporting documentation.
- Complete audit workpaper and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Providing financial control information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends.
- Adhere to all internal quality control file management system in place within the firm, including maintaining all client working paper files to the standard and format required by the firm. Australian Tax Office, CPA Australia and ICAANZ.
What’s most rewarding about your job?
I am constantly learning. Every audit provides exposure to a unique situation, opportunity to learn about client’s business operations from the inside out, risk encountered in the business through the organization, challenges to take a deep dive into and application of my skills accordingly.